Photo: iStock

Gajapati: Three workers at a chowmein factory in Gajapati district of Odisha died on Wednesday night of asphyxiation after falling asleep with the chowmein drying machine still running.

Arun Sahu from Berhampur and Mutha and Sunil Dalai from Mohana village in Kampaguda were recognized as the deceased, Hindustan time reported.

According to Gajapati police, three workers at the chowmein factory in Narayan Nagar in Mohana district fell asleep after putting the soggy noodles in the dryer for the chowmein.

Related News

Unidentified man dies in police custody, police say he fell following seizure

A stranger dies in police custody; police say fell due to seizure

IMD warns of heavy to very heavy rain in Odisha and issues orange alert for several districts – weather forecast

IMD warns of heavy to very heavy rain in Odisha and issues orange alert for several districts – weather forecast

Sujit Nayak, an inspector from the Mohana police station, said when the three workers failed to leave the factory in the morning and local residents called the fire department.

Inspector Nayak said: “They were unconscious when firefighters came to their rescue. They were rushed to nearby hospitals where medical personnel pronounced them dead. They may have suffocated because the dryer chow mein may have sucked the oxygen out of the room. However, the post-mortem results would be evident.”

Previous

How to Factory Reset Your Windows 11 PC

Next

How Lalique intends to celebrate the centenary of its Alsatian crystal factory

Check Also