Kanpur: A major fire broke out in the shoe manufacturing unit located in Dada Nagar Industrial Zone at Govind nagar on Friday evening. Four factory workers trapped on the fourth floor of the factory were rescued unharmed by firefighters. The incident came to light after workers encountered smoke followed by gushing flames. Later, when the fire spread to a large area, employees ran outside the plant and sounded an alarm and alerted local police and firefighters. Six firefighters were put on duty. Firefighters brought the blaze under control after two hours of effort.
Nitin Tiwari, a resident of Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, owns a shoe manufacturing unit in Dada Nagar. At the time of the incident, workers were working in the factory. Later, a glue machine caught fire due to a short circuit in it. As soon as the fire broke out, the workers first tried to extinguish it, but in vain. They later ran outside and alerted the police and fire control room. However, the fire spread rapidly due to the presence of combustible materials in the factory premises. The fire was brought under control after approximately two hours of effort. Fazalganj fire station fire officer Vinod Pandey said the fire happened due to a short circuit, an investigation is ongoing. “One of the factory workers, who fainted after inhaling fumes and smoke, was admitted to Lala Lajpat Rai Hospital. Property and property damage is yet to be assessed,” he added.
Previous

Springfield, accustomed to plant closings, hopeful laid-off workers can find work in the booming market

Next

Factory implicated in the illegal manufacture of sealed beer

Check Also